Tes4Mod:Better Cities/Rangers Guild
The Rangers Guild is a new faction that the player can join. Membership provides many benefits and also initiates a series of quests.
The Rangers Guild exists to protect and maintain the forests of Cyrodiil, and to discreetly scout information along its borders, or wherever else the need may be great. It has been around for hundreds of years, but has only lately gained prominence, due in part to the Oblivion Crisis.
There are Rangers Guild halls in three cities, and you can sign up in any of them: Skingrad (talk to Moorswind), Leyawiin (talk to Falwin) or Chorrol (talk to Lihandril Farfields). Chorrol or Skingrad are the best places to sign up, as you can immediately get a task from Lihandril or Moorswind.
- Once you are a member, almost any item in the various Rangers Guild halls are free to take without incurring a bounty for thievery.
Initially only three cities host a branch of the Rangers Guild in its own Guild Hall. As you complete tasks for the guild, a fourth branch will open in Anvil:
- Anvil Rangers Guild Hall: On the west side of town, behind the houses of Pinarus Inventius and Silgor Bradus (note: This one won't appear until after A Growing Guild Expands).
- Chorrol Rangers Guild Hall: Just inside the southern gate, across from Northern Goods and Trade
- Leyawiin Rangers Guild Hall: Outside the city walls, on the eastern bank of the Lower Niben in Leyawiin Harbour.
- Skingrad Rangers Guild Hall: On the northern side of town, behind the West Weald Inn and Colovian Traders.
Lihandril's Quests - Chorrol
- Sickness in the Arboretum: Investigate the source of a plague infecting rabbits in the Imperial City Arboretum and stop it.
Moorswind's Quests - Skingrad
- Wood on the Waves: Find out why a shipment of wood bound for the Rangers Guild has gone missing.
- New Recruits: Find and interview potential new recruits for the Guild.
Falwin's Quests - Leyawiin
- Making Friends in the Guild: An interlude between official guild tasks. Perform various small tasks for fellow Rangers Guild members.
- A Growing Guild Expands: Gain permission from Countess Millona Umbranox to open an Anvil branch for the Rangers Guild.
- Making More Friends in the Guild: An interlude between official guild tasks. Perform various small tasks for fellow Rangers Guild members.
Culumani's Quests - Anvil
- Archaeological Discovery: Clear out an Ayleid ruin so archaeologists can safely explore it.
Most Rangers Guild quests provide a levelled amount of gold and a one-point increase in Fame. The standard gold reward is as follows:
|Associate||Joined the Rangers Guild|
|Apprentice||Completed Sickness in the Arboretum or Wood on the Waves|
|Journeyman||Completed Sickness in the Arboretum, Wood on the Waves and New Recruits|
|Field Watcher||Completed A Growing Guild Expands and Archaeological Discovery|
- This is a list of all registered Rangers Guild members in Cyrodiil.