Anvil is a prosperous harbour city on the Gold Coast by the Abecean Sea at the very south-west end of Cyrodiil. It is the seat of Count Anvil and it is located at the end of the Gold Road, west of Skingrad and Kvatch.
Anvil consists of five districts: Castle Anvil, Chapelgate, Westgate, Guildgate and Harborside. The Redguards have had a notable influence on local architecture, which is of a similar style to that of nearby Hammerfell. The city's graveyard is located across the street from the Chapel of Dibella. North of the graveyard lies Benirus Manor, one of Anvil's many stately manors. The city also houses chapters of the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild (the latter of which specializes in Restoration), and Rangers Guild (this will be created during the Rangers Guild quest-line), as well as a Gold Horse Courier Office.
(Anvil Bay descriptive text goes here)
* Will not appear if using Better Cities: Open Cities Reborn.
*** Appears after the quest Gold Horse Courier Service. Depending on how the quest is completed, either Larrius Granius or Waylas will take over the Anvil Branch of the Gold Horse Courier Service, the other will not appear.
Quests Starting Here
- Gold Horse Anvil Local Deliveries: Deliver local packages for the Gold Horse Courier Service.
- Gold Horse City to City Deliveries: Deliver inter-city packages for the Gold Horse Courier Service.
- Gold Horse Rural Deliveries: Deliver rural packages for the Gold Horse Courier Service.
- Archaeological Discovery: Clear out an Ayleid ruin so archaeologists can safely explore it.
- Gold Horse Courier Service: Advance through the ranks of the Gold Horse Courier Service by delivering packages.
- New Recruits: Find and interview potential new recruits for the Guild.
- A controllable ship can be purchased from The Anvil Ship Company in Anvil Bay.
- The Anvil Ship Company in Anvil Bay offers travelling services, selling passage on a ship to Bravil, Leyawiin, and the Imperial City. Some additional locations are also available if certain other mods are active.