Many new places and locations are added to the cities by Better Cities, as well as a few locations outside the cities. This page only lists some of the most interesting places of the region; the other places are listed on their own pages. In particular:
- Buildings: Important buildings
- Inns: Inns, taverns, and other places that rent beds
- Guild Halls: The various headquarters for the guilds of Cyrodiil
- Unmarked Places
Also, the Places category provides an index of all places in the game.
- The Imperial City — The capital city on the island in Lake Rumare. It is split into the following districts:
- Anvil — City of Dibella on the Gold Coast in the southwest.
- Bravil — City of Mara by Niben Bay, south of the Imperial City.
- Bruma — City of Talos in the Jerall Mountains to the north, with a mainly Nord population.
- Cheydinhal — City of Arkay at the Valus Mountains in the northeast, with a mainly Dunmer population.
- Chorrol — City of Stendarr at the Colovian Highlands in the west.
- Leyawiin — City of Zenithar in Blackwood far south, with a mainly Khajiit and Argonian population.
- Skingrad — City of Julianos in the West Weald region.
Other New Locations
- Ardan's Tomb - Tomb of King Ardan in the Niben Bay (quest-specific).
- Blood Castle - A player-owned castle gained at the culmination of The Bloodscript quest trilogy.
- Hall of the Forgotten King - Ruin southwest of Bravil (quest-specific).
- Halls of Lôrn - Ruin far east of Bravil (quest-specific).
- Halls of the Mephalists - Ruin located under Bravil (quest-specific).
- Kemenare — Ayleid Ruin in the Jerall Mountains on the Skyrim border (quest-specific).
- Marsh's Island - A small island in the Niben Bay where Marsh lives.
- Padomeic Ocean — Ocean south of Tamriel. One small island can be visited here (quest-specific).
- Temple of Namira - Ruin southwest of Bravil (quest-specific).
- The Gap — A pirate haven somewhere out at sea, mentioned by a few people during conversation but not accessible.